Culture PEI Hiring Youth Intern
Culture PEI is hiring a full-time, three-month term employee to develop our youth business incubator program.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Culture PEI, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing Culture PEI’s Youth Cultural Business Incubator program:- Research best practices
- Write program plan (including project plan and budget)
- Research market demand for the incubator program
- Research sources of funding and other support for the incubator program
- Write funding and partnership proposals and applications for the incubator program
- Negotiate and secure funding and partnerships to support the incubator program
- Develop and execute a marketing plan for the incubator program
- Other duties as assigned
This is a Youth Internship position. Youth applicants must be under 30, must be a Canadian citizen or legally entitled to work in Canada, priority will be given to youth facing employment barriers, Aboriginal people, members of a visible minority group, persons with disabilities, and women.
The successful applicant must be a high school graduate who has some post-secondary education.
We are looking for someone whose skills and enthusiasms combine both entrepreneurship and the arts. It would be great to have schooling in both but an BComm who is passionate about culture or a BFA who loves business would both be a great fit.
3 month term position (Jan to Mar 2014)
Based in Charlottetown, PEI
Deadline: January 10, 2014
Send a cover letter and resume to:
attn: Gaylene Nicholson
119 Kent Street, Suite 440
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 1N3
or email them to: