Health Insurance Plan for Culture PEI Members
PEI SECTOR COUNCILS GROUP INSURANCE BENEFITS PLAN
On behalf of Culture PEI the PEI Employee Benefits Agency is pleased to present a group insurance plan for all members of Culture PEI. Coverage will be provided by Manulife Financial and shall be administered by PEI Employee Benefits Agency. The highlights of the benefits covered under the plan are as follows:
Life Insurance - $10,000 per plan member
Accidental Death & Dismemberment - $10,000 per plan member
Dependent Life – Spouse - $5,000, Dependent Child - $2,500
- Drug Benefit – Drug card with 80% co-pay
- Eyewear Allowance - $200 every 24 months
- Eye exam every 24 months
- Paramedical Services - $500 per person per calendar year – includes Physiotherapy, Chiropractor, Masseur, Speech Therapist, Naturopath, Osteopath, Podiatrist, and Psychologist
- Travel Coverage – Emergency coverage outside of Canada for trips up to 60 days in duration.
- Basic Services – 80% co-pay includes cleaning, fluoride, fillings, etc.
- Overall Annual Dental Maximum $1,500 per person per year
The total monthly cost of the plan is $180.17 for family coverage and $74.15 for single coverage.
There is no medical evidence required to participate in the plan and medications you are taking when you enrol in the plan are covered under the plan. Each business enrolling on the plan must have a minimum of two plan members to avoid the requirement of medical evidence. A husband and wife owning a business may be considered two plan members for the purpose of enrolment.